Shall pay to the reader on demand

Ramblings and Musings of a Man Who Toils in a Cubicle and Yet Still Has Too Much Free Time to Think About Pointless Shit and then Write it Down

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lovin' my Vic again

If you'll recall, a few months ago I was whining about how my Crown Victoria was attracting too much attention, the po-po were after me lucky charms, etc. I've since learned to like it again.

I've restored it to its original appearance. No bumper stickers, no antennas, no aftermarket parts or trim except for updated wheel covers. I think I've hit on the right look for it. The po-po can't stop me just for driving a plain silver Crown Vic, but at the same time it presents the air of authority and importance that I want in a vehicle. From behind, the bare rear deck and naked trunk lid give away its civilian status, but the distinctive grille keeps most motorists from whipping out of parking lots or other lanes and cutting me off. Should the need arise, I can stick a couple of dummy antennas on the trunk and presto, instant authority. I don't really know what kind of situation would warrant that. I constantly battle my urge to outfit it with amber strobes, antennas, and official-looking front license plate. I don't want another unpleasant run-in with a feeble-minded sheriff's deputy, plus it quickly gets tiresome when people won't speed the fuck up in front of me.

The general look I'm going for is government official, not cop. I wouldn't want to be lumped in with those 100-I.Q. mouth-breathers. I feel that my car has the right look for an NSA spook—plain but just classy enough not to look cheap, and to be given the utmost courtesy on the road.

No comments: