Shall pay to the reader on demand

Ramblings and Musings of a Man Who Toils in a Cubicle and Yet Still Has Too Much Free Time to Think About Pointless Shit and then Write it Down

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Universe failed, but God will provide

May 1 came and went, and the Universe failed to provide the car I desire and need. However, my faith that an all-powerful God will come through for me still survives thanks to what can only be portents of things to come, in the form of multiple Sequoia sightings over the weekend.

This past weekend, my wife and I journeyed to Raleigh to visit friends and family. On Sunday, May 1, I was feeling down at first after learning that, yet again, I hadn't won a substantial lottery prize, but on the drive back from lunch to my parents' house, I spotted a silver Sequoia along Glenwood Avenue, gleaming in the sun in all its elegant splendor. It dawned on me that since I was testing the power of the Universe against the power of God, God had prevented me from getting my paws on the coveted S.U.V. so that there would be no confusion as to who was in charge, and to drive home the point that positive thinking and laws of attraction are horse shit. Now is the time for Him to come through and deliver me from the banal world of the Ford sedan. I'll concede that one late-model Sequoia sighting can be ruled out as mere coincidence, but when I went to gas up for the drive home that afternoon, a beautiful black model ambled past me in the parking lot, just the kind I want. I spotted two more with my eagle-eye in the opposite lanes along the interstate on my way back home. Surely this can't be a coincidence. Four '08+ models in one day? With their yearly manufacturing output decreasing each year due to the feeble economy and soaring fuel prices, the '08+ models aren't exactly to be found around every corner. God is working on it, and by May 31 He will have one sitting outside my door with my name on the title.

No comments: