Shall pay to the reader on demand

Ramblings and Musings of a Man Who Toils in a Cubicle and Yet Still Has Too Much Free Time to Think About Pointless Shit and then Write it Down

Friday, February 18, 2011

I've got a good feeling about this

Yesterday morning, on my short drive to the cubicle gulag, I spotted not one, but two, black '08+ Toyota Sequoias on the road. I saw a white one in the parking lot, and two more older ones on the way home that evening. Today a white one passed by on my way to lunch, and on my way back, a green one drove right up behind me before changing lanes. This must be a sign of good things to come, from God or some superior force, as if to say, "we're working on it. It's coming soon." I have a good feeling, dear reader, that constantly visualizing the car in my possession is moving everything into alignment, and will result in the Universe fulfilling my burning desire for this automobile. Just yesterday I was thinking to myself, "I'm going to have that Sequoia very, very soon. Within a matter of weeks, or perhaps just days, it will be right outside my front door." As long as it's mine by May, in time for beach season, I'll be ecstatic, but of course the sooner, the better, especially considering that we seem to be in for an early Spring and beach season may come early this year.

I'm done with the Vic. It's been a very solid, dependable ride, but I'm just done with sedans in general. I no longer even want a Lincoln Town Car. SUVs offer so much more - more cargo space, commanding views, legal dark windows for privacy, easy loading & unloading of groceries, and that all-important rough & ready, imposing appearance. This summer I'll be pulling up to the loading dock at our beach condo in a new (or nearly-new), shiny, black, chrome-trimmed beast, the front end proudly displaying that badge of membership, the Wrightsville Beach souvenir license plate.

No comments: